Tuesday 19 July 2011

Teething tantrums!

Imogen is now 13 months and she has just cut her 3rd tooth.Out of all my children she was late getting her first tooth all mine had at least a couple before they were one and none of them had any troubles at all.Imogen on the other hand is going through such a terrible time with hers at the minute,she didn't get her first tooth till just before her first birthday and she has just gotten 2 teeth within the last 2 weeks.Her first one came at the top,second at the bottom(which has come through slanted)and then her third one which she cut yesterday is another at the top.Although she is coping she is still suffering,she rams her fist in her mouth and bangs her head of the floor with the pain.I have tried what seems like everything to help her,powders,gel,calpol,even antiseptic liquid which numbs her gums.I just really feel for her at the minute as no mother wants to see their child in pain.Is there anything which someone can recommend please?

6 comments:

  1. Hi, found you on bmb. My little one is teething at the moment too and nothing seems to work, I feel awful giving her calpol all the time. I have heard really good things about something which I have ordered off the internet. They are amber bead necklaces and they work by heating against the skin and the oils released act as a natural anaesthetic. It is a bit of an alternative option but if they work then I am willing to give it a go! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hun :) I can honestly say thats something i have never heard of but if its going to help your little one then anything is worth a try.Please let me know how you get on with the amber necklace and if it helps. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to say to you both(mum2babyinsomniac and Caroline) my 7 month old now has 4 teeth and we have been using a Baltic Amber Teething Bead necklace for the past few weeks and it really seems to be helping him cope.Another thing I'm using is another type of teething necklace that I wear and baby chews on like a Teething ring,it's made by Teething Bling.Good luck,hope either of these help you.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks nicola i think i will be investing in an amber bead necklace for sure i have been doing research on them and like i said i am willing to give anything a go at the minute.I just hate to see the little one in so much pain :( x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just going to mention the amber necklace also! Ive heard such great things about it! Looks like i will be needed one also, my son suffers whereas my daughter sailed through! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i feel your pain - we are getting a molar at the moment!

    ReplyDelete